Friday, February 18, 2011

BOOK DEAL!

Well, I know I promised to give you details about how I came to land awesome agent Lucy Carson (it really truly is an interesting story), but now I have a little more news. She has negotiated an outstanding two-book deal for my young adult novel with Feiwel and Friends, an imprint of Macmillan specializing in children's fiction (in case you didn't realize, and my story about how we came to be a team will further convince you, Lucy is a bit ambitious).

I'm extremely excited to work with editor Jean Feiwel (anyone ever heard of the Goosebumps series and The Babysitters Club? Yeah, that's her, and now she has her very own imprint!) As this process unfolds, I promise to update regularly, but as you can see, things have been happening a teensy bit fast, and I've hardly had time to catch my breath. But do check out the Feiwel and Friends website; you'll see why I'm so excited to join the ranks there!

9 comments:

  1. Wow, Anna that's fantastic. CONGRATULATIONS! I'm anxious to hear all about how this came about.

    I guess your husband was right about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on both big events this month. :)

    You're in FL? I will be too shortly (Jax).

    ReplyDelete
  3. You still amaze me! So proud of you! I will never EVER get over saying "told you so"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS!!! *tosses confetti* *throws streamers* Huzzah! :)

    I'm new here. *waves hello* Nice to 'meet' you. I stopped by via JEM's blog.

    I wish you great joy on your journey...and best seller status. :)

    Hugs,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, WOW! You gals are SPEEDY! That book must've been ready to go. :-) I'm sooooo happy for you. Feiwel and Friends is my DREAM publisher ever since I read EYES LIKE STARS. Sweet!

    So proud of you, and can't wait to buy the book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone!

    Melissa--yep, hubby gets to eat his foot. Hope he's got salt.

    Tory--not very close to Jax. :(

    Rose--you seriously kept me going. Thanks!

    Lola--Welcome! Thanks for the well wishes. You have a great blog!

    Anita--Congrats are in order for you too! Signing with Jenny Bent! Woot woot! I know I'll be reading the same thing about you here soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!!! I'm doing a mega happy dance for you here! This is such wonderful news and I look forward to hearing more :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Writing Nut! I think it's starting to sink in now. Finally!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, Anna, that's great! You must be over the moon.

    ReplyDelete