Saturday, August 28, 2010

Progress Report

I promised to give weekly updates on my WIP, as I've set a break-neck word count goal in order to whip my WIP in shape for the RWA Golden Heart Contest. The result? Since my last post, I added 10k words to my manuscript, for a total of about 14.5k words. While it falls short of my goal of 2166 words a day, you must take into consideration that Mockingjay came out Tuesday. 'Nuff said.

I will say that the more I write, the more I enjoy my story, and well, the more I write. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got some dialogue that's screaming to be written!

7 comments:

  1. Good for you. You're excused for Mockingjay purposes. Now get back to work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Melissa! I knew you'd understand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anna,
    Forget not reaching your goal, the IMPORTANT thing here is that you continued working on yor WiP. 14.5K is more than an accomplishment! Pat yourself on the back, girl. Kudos for keeping your promise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Claudia. I think I knew I couldn't keep up 2166 words a day, but you're right, progress is progress. Thanks for the support!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. That's a lot, in my opinion. Double pats on back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! So I guess I got connected just to add you! (KAusten-QueryTracker)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Kaylie! When you get a blog set up, let me know. From what I've learned through our correspondence on query tracker, any blog you conduct will be very resourceful to aspiring writer's like myself.

    ReplyDelete