Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Motivation

What keeps you motivated? As writers, we all go through low points, where we're ready to toss in the towel. Usually, that's when something good happens. I read a great book and say, "I can do this!" Or an agent will request a partial, or my small group of readers will start nagging me about the next chapter of my book. This week, I read Jessica Morrison's Buenos Aires Broken Hearts' Club. It was an easy read, and hilarious, and beautifully written. It got me motivated all over again. If you get a chance, check it out. Sometimes you really do need a break from writing, so that when you return, your noggin is refreshed, your fingers are rested, and you're ready to push forward with that manuscript/editing/querying. Whatever it is you have to do, do it. Don't give up.

1 comment:

  1. You and your amazing stories! And other authors who rock my socks with their incredible writing!

    ReplyDelete